Pages

Friday

Issue #1 First Editon


April 29, 2008
Good Afternoon,


I come across interesting information from time to time and always think who would find this useful? So, I thought that I would send out very short emails periodically to business people that I have come to know over the years.
A MOOD$WiNG MINUTE will be short and sweet, I promise.
I will only send it when I come across or think about an item of interest (at least interesting to me).
A MOOD$WiNG Minute will focus primarily advertising and marketing issues, changing media habits, technology etc. That’s because I am not a doctor.
IF you would prefer not to receive this, just send a return email.
1. Does Ottawa Look on-line?
I have done a little research on behalf of a client … here’s what I found:
The UsedOttawa.com site sees 13 million page views and 360,000 unique users per month.
M$M - That is almost half the population of Ottawa. Its free to individuals, businesses pay an inexpensive fee for banner ads. I knew it was popular, but those numbers blew me away. Based on what I have seen for sale on the site, shoppers are coming from all walks of life in Ottawa and eastern Ontario. (I don’t have any affiliation with the site).
2. The Definition of a “satisfied customer” is simply one who perceives a lack of a better alternative!
M$M - This relationship is based when a customer perceives personal service, attention to detail and product value. Price alone is the last line of defense. If a customer doesn’t believe in you or the quality of what you represent, they won’t do business with you at any price. If you have ever lost a customer because they have told you that competitor X will sell it cheaper, that won’t be the whole story, there is still another reason. You just don’t know it. It might have to do with the customer’s inability to distinguish the difference between the two products or services offered and opted for cheaper.
3. Satellite Radio. According to the Bureau of Broadcast Measurement, Satellite Radio tuning is less than 2% of total tuning in Canada. (Source S4, 2007).
M$M - Most comments are that it has replaced their CD player NOT their favorite local radio station.


No comments: